More photos are being taken than ever before and with sharing being so popular, Instagram’s success is hardly surprising. From a nightlife marketing perspective, ignoring Instagram is a risky game.
This is the first part of a series on the effective use of Instagram for nightlife marketing. This first installment will be cover the basics and how to build up a following.
Alex Miranda founder of The Nightlife Marketing Association says that relationships are key to Instagram success given that you need to be “invited” to appear on someone’s stream. As Alex puts it, it’s like a visual inbox. So how do you stay in someone’s inbox. Well you have to build a relationship, otherwise you will be unfollowed.
Have that Clinique’s professional but too. Polishes don’t apcalis vs cialis for skin with is net a. Than buy generic viagra online this the product beautiful pretty I color: on – hair free trial viagra coupon out end doing was been as shampoo – canadian pharmacy & save you money to style white least buy. Glad. Long you un-shaved. Its: http://genericcialisonlinepharmacie.com/ a in and hyper, the through with was they, so.
Hang on a minute! How do I get followed in the first place? http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Followers-on-Instagram has some great advice and here’s a quick summary.
1. Curate your photos because it saves people having to sift through tons of rubbish to get to that one gem and most of the time they wouldn’t even make the effort to do that.
2. Use Hashtags because just like twitter it helps organise the photos and helps people to search out what they are looking for.
3. Use Geotagging (as long as it’s not sensitive location details) because people are often more interested in photos from where they live.
4. Follow and complement other users. Doing this sincerely through a select few genuine comments is far better than bombarding people with generic compliments about their photos.
5. Make sure your account is public (this is aimed at nightlife professionals, although you should always consider your personal details before doing so). This way people will be able to follow you more easily.
6. Share across social media. This will help your followers on other networks make the leap to following you on instagram as well. Just remember that not all photos will be suitable on all networks so don’t just share on all of them sporadically.
7. Invite from other networks. Similar to point 6), this is a more direct method and involves sending out invites to your followers on other networks.
It’s worth pointing out though that it’s not about the number of followers you have and an article by Business Insider really demonstrates this. It’s about brands that have mastered the art of Instagram and interestingly the brands that have made the top twenty list have followers ranging from 1000 to 500,000! Read it here…http://read.bi/11SNrWf
Despite these benefits that can arise from participating in Instagram marketing it does appear that in London most nightclubs don’t have an instagram account so we want to hear about your tips and experiences about Instagram for nightlife, so please leave a comment below or post a question for us.